31.3.2016 - Back to the Old Skool
- OK, so when I said I might do another update soon I may have been exaggerating... ;)
- That being said, I got all excited the other day and decided to add another section as I'm going to try and unravel some of the mess that is the cross licensing can of worms that took place in the mid 70's, and as a start I've added a section I've been meaning to do for some while...
- Added an Exidy Section!
Thanks to Stiletto, the Undumped Wiki, Diet Go Go Fan and Keith Smiths The Golden Age Arcade Historian blog.
- Now I've got that out of my system I'll go back into hibernation, I still have a load of emails and far too much to catch up on, but I enjoyed messing around adding the new stuff, probably needs some tidying up but that's for another day/week/month/year...
12.2.2015 - Catching up...and cutting back...
- As you can imagine this site takes a fair amount of looking after as it's just me, and to be honest it's been discouraging me from updating for a while. In light of this I've decided to draw a line under certain parts of the site and not update them any further. I'm pretty much not going to add any post 2010 arcade games apart from Sega stuff (and that's only because I'm interested in them). There's a bit of re-factoring in this update because of that, but I'm almost definitely going to be doing some more on that soon.
- With that said there's a fair amount of new stuff in this update, but again mainly from Sega ;)
- Moved Danger Express from Unknown to G42 Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Added screenshots to Ultra Street Fighter IV on Taito Type X3 Hardware.
- Added screenshots to Ken Sei Mogura on CPS Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Added Major Title to M82 Hardware, which it also exists on, thanks to Yves Marchand.
- Moved Match It / Shisensho from unknown to Unique Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Merged all the Bemani PC based games into one entry with separate notes on each regarding PC spec where known.
- Moved Hammer Away from Unknown Hardware to System 18 Hardware, another one off the unknown list! :D
- Huge overhaul of System SP Hardware, added the correct hardware details (essentially a re-factored Naomi) and Dinosaur King 2, Disney Magical Dance, Future Police Patrol Chase, Insect Dash, Issyouni Turbo Drive, Issyouni Wan Wan and Monopoly The Medal 2nd Edition, added loads of screenshots and cabinet photos.
- Moved Manic Panic Ghosts! / Pokasuka Ghost from Chihiro to Naomi Hardware, thanks to D Dedeo.
- Added Outrun 2 Special Tours to Chihiro Hardware.
- Added Quest of D: Gofu no Keisyousya, Quest of D: Oukoku no Syugosya and Sega Golf Club Network Pro Tour 2005, and corrected several spelling mistakes on Chihiro Satellite Terminal Hardware.
- Moved Primeval Hunt from Lindbergh Yellow to Lindbergh Red Hardware, thanks to Keith Clark.
- Added Maimai and Maimai GreeN to Ringedge 2 Hardware, thanks to 喵鱼上位 and Super Menteur.
- Added Under Defeat HD+ and Dengeki Fighting Climax to Ringedge 2 Hardware.
- Added Chaos Code, Mushiking Battle Gacchu-Guts, Gettenka War History, Lilpri Yubipuru Hime Chen! 1, 2 & 3 and Operation G.H.O.S.T. to Ringwide Hardware.
- Added Sega PC Based Hardware and moved Bakugan Battle Brawlers and Saikyu Saisoku Battle Racer to it, thanks to Daisuke DJ.
- Added Starhorse 2 and its revisions to Sega Lindbergh Blue Hardware.
- Added Starhorse 3 and its revisions to Sega Rindedge Hardware.
- Added Wonderland Wars to Sega Nu Hardware.
- Added Outrun 2 SP DX and Outrun 2 Special Tours to Lindbergh Yellow Hardware, still not 100% sure about the Special Tours version on this, but apparently it exists.
- Added some information regarding Lindbergh security chips, thanks to Guru.
- Moved a few games around between Naomi, Naomi Satellite, Chihiro, Chihiro Satellite and System SP Hardware.
- Moved Fortress from Discrete Hardware to Vic Dual Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Moved Blasto to Blockade Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Moved All Star from unknown to Sega Carnival Hardware (it's a wall game), thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Moved "Sky Champ" to Fake Hardware, thought to be a mistranslation of "Ski Champ" from the same year, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Moved Walter Payton Football from Unknown Hardware to Mega Tech Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Moved Crashing Race, Cross Fire, Gunman, Interceptor, Missile X, Speed Race Twin and Road Champion from unknown to Discrete Logic Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Added a note about KOF Maximum Impact: Regulation A2 on Taito Type X2 Hardware being cancelled, changed it to prototype status, thanks to David Stanley.
- Moved Speed Race GP-5 from Unknown Hardware to Discrete Logic Hardware and added some PCB photos, thanks to Enric Nadal.
- Moved Rabbit 2 to Fake/Wrong Hardware, it's a mistranslation of Usagui Yamashiro Mahjong Hen.
- Moved Black Beetles on Unknown to 8080 Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Moved Hajime no Ippo : The Fighting 1&2 from unknown to Namco System 10 Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan.
- Moved Wyvern F0 from unknown to Taito Unique Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan, added screenshots and details.
- Moved Sandlot Baseball from unknown hardware to Taito Unique Hardware, thanks to Diet Go Go Fan, added screenshots and details.
- That'll do for now, loads still to go, but now I have a cunning plan!
2.3.2014 - Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.
- I've gone from one extreme to the other this update, with updates to old 1970's Atari cabinets to the brand new Sega RingEdge 2 Hardware, so hopefully a little for everyone :)
- Added cabinets to most games on Atari 6502 Black and White Raster Hardware.
- Added CTS1 to Atari Test Equipment Hardware.
- Added "The Sentinel" as an alternate name for Akka Arrh and added a prototype cabinet mock up to Akka Arrh/The Sentinel/Target Outpost on Unknown 1980's prototype hardware.
- Renamed Banpolin to Bumpoline DECO Cassette Hardware, after finding a flyer, thanks to DFJustin.
- Started to remove most of the "x configuration" nonsense and changed all of the sections around, moved loads of stuff and tried to make sense of the mess, it makes more sense to me now at least...(I had pages with one game on, moved them all to the unique hardware page etc.) Feel free to put me right if you think I've lashed it up.
- Added Otomedius to Konami PC (a new(ish) Gradius/Parodius!), thanks to Shoutime.
- Added Point Blank 3 to System 10 Hardware (it's 3rd platform), proof you can't keep a good game down, thanks to Tim.
- Added better screenshots to Quester and Quester Special Edition on Namco System 1, thanks to Brian A Troha.
- Added Emeraldia to Namco NA-2 Hardware as it's also on that, thanks to Brian A Troha.
- Added better title shots to Gun Barl and Oh! Bakyuuun on System 11 and System 12 Hardware, thanks to Brian A Troha.
- Added RingEdge 2 Hardware page, and added Blade Arcus, Caladrius AC, Code of Joker, Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate: Arcade, Game Center Love With Pengo!, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AA, Phantom Breaker: Another Code, Storm Racer G, Transformers: Human Alliance and Under Night In-Birth to it.
- Added Lindbergh Blue, Lindbergh Red and Lindbergh Red EX, deleted Lindbergh Satellite Hardware page, moved all the games about and added some descriptions, thanks to Andy Geezer for the technical info.
- Moved Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown from Ringedge to Lindbergh, thanks to Shoutime.
- Added screenshots to Virtua Tennis 4 on RingEdge Hardware.
- Added Yukiwo and screenshots as the prototype name for Master of Weapon on B System Hardware, thanks to Haze.
- Moved Stunt Typhoon to Type Zero Hardware, thanks to Shoutime.
- Added Valve Limit R to Type X Hardware, thanks to Shoutime.
- Added Mobile Suit Gundam: Spirits of Zeon to TypeX+ Hardware, thanks to Shoutime.
- Added Cyber Diver to Type X2 Hardware, thanks to Shoutime.
- Added Ultra Street Fighter IV to Type X3 Hardware, thanks to Shoutime.
- Deleted Scorpion Hardware, it was probably the prototype name for Type-Zero.
- Renamed Tyou Kousoku Henkei Zyairozeeta to Chō Soku Henkei Gyrozetter on Type X3 Hardware (based on the manga), thanks to Denhomer.
- Added Shatterhand to Playchoice 10 Hardware, thanks to Mr Goodwraith.
7.2.2014 - January Sucks, hurrah for February!
- I've been managing to keep mostly on top of stuff now and have started to do some "nice to do's", like adding some more cabinet pictures (specifically dedicated cabinets, not too bothered about kit cabinets unless they're "special").
- Added Gremlins and screenshots to Atari System 2 Hardware, thanks to Stiletto and atarigames.com
- Added screenshots to BMX Heat on Atari Hard Drivin' Hardware, thanks to atarigames.com
- Added screenshots to Accelerator on Atari System 2 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots to Beavis and Butthead on 3D0 Prototype Hardware and changed the description of the game, thanks to Bobby Tribble.
- Added Jammin, Hare Scare and Bar Room Baseball to Atari Unknown 1980's Prototypes, thanks to atarigames.com
- Added better screenshots to Cyber Storm on Unknown 90's Prototype Hardware, thanks to Bobby Tribble.
- Added cabinet and screenshot to Missile Command Deluxe on Atari Unknown 80's Prototype Hardware, thanks to Bobby Tribble.
- Added cabinet pictures and screenshots to the prototype game Firebeast/Dragon Master on 6502 Colour Raster Hardware.
- Added cabinet pictures to Star Wars and The Empire Strike Back on Star Wars Vector Hardware.
- Added cabinet pictures to Gauntlet, Gauntlet 2 and Vindicators PtII on Gauntlet Hardware.
- Added cabinet pictures to 720, Accelerator, APB, Championship Sprint, Paperboy (including a prototype cabinet) and Super Sprint on Atari System 2 Hardware.
- Added cabinet pictures to Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, BattleZone, Bradley Trainer and Lunar Lander on Atari 6502 Vector Hardware.
- Added cabinet pictures to Cloak & Dagger, Cloud 9, Crystal Castles, Liberator, Return Of The Jedi, Runaway and Sprint 4 on Atari 6502 Colour Raster Hardware.
- Added cabinet picture to Missile Command on Missile Command Hardware.
- Added cabinet pictures to Black Widow, Gravitar, Major Havoc, Quantum, Red Baron, Space Duel and Tempest on Atari Vector Hardware.
- Added screenshots to Flash Boy/DECO Kid and Geinohjin Sikaku Siken on DECO Cassette Hardware, thanks to Stiletto
- Added 18 Challenge Pro Golf as alternate name to Tournament Pro Golf, combined Burger Time and Hamburger as clones and moved Cook Race to this as it's a bootleg of Hamburger, all on DECO Cassette Hardware, thanks to Stiletto.
- Moved Spelling Tree/Spelling Bee from Konami Unknown to "Fake, Wrong, Made Up Games", it was a prototype MSX game, not an arcade game. Thanks to Stiletto.
- Added Let's Go Crazy Cross (alternate name to Susume! Taisen Puzzle Dama) and screenshots to Konami GV Hardware, thanks to Stiletto.
- Added Ruins/Relix to Unknown Hardware, thanks to Stiletto.
- Added a Namco System 147 Hardware page and moved the new Pac-Man games to it, thanks to kcerdesk and ecm iam.
- Added lots of cabinet pictures to Pole Position 1&2 on Pole Position Hardware.
- Added better screenshots to Cool Riders on Sega Unique Hardware.
- Added screenshots and cabinet pictures to Space Battleship Yamato and added the alternate title "Star Blazers" to Taito LG System Hardware, thanks to Stiletto.
- Replaced the Sega Attack cabinet with a Taito Attack cabinet (duh) on Taito Discrete Logic Hardware, thanks to Stiletto.
- Moved Gunslinger Stratos from Type x3 to Type x2 Hardware, thanks to kcerdesk.
- Added Gunslinger Stratos 2 to Type x3 Hardware.
- Added screenshots to Happy 6 in 1 and extra title screens to lots of games on PGM Hardware, thanks to JacKc.
- I've just finished Assassins Creed Black Flag, what a great game! I wasn't into the others but this one really grabbed me, been playing it on the PS4 and it looks lovely as well (giving my PC a well earned breather!)
Visit the news archive for older news