15.11.2003 - Time fly's when you're doing bugger all...
- Well, what can I say, I was meaning to have this big site re-design including all sorts of magical things such as php and sql and all sorts of stuff, but, well, I cant wrap my head around it.
The enormously helpful and great Space1 from SpaceEmu more or less wrote me a complete php version of the site and set up a sql database, but I just cant drive it, I don't understand php and I cant wrap my head around sql at all...
- Anyway, it feels great to be getting back to sorting the site out even if it is the old fashioned way, I've been wading through all the emails that you've all sent me, sorry if I didn't reply to some of you, but I've just not had the enthusiasm for the past few months, so my energy and halo may have slid slightly, it happens ;)
- I haven't caught completely up to date, but I wanted to update the site tonight, so there you go.
- With all that said, lets get on with the update!
- This updates special mention goes to Guru, for sorting me out (as always) with a massive collection of PCB pictures for the various sections of the site, it's partly due to the fact that I've not updated for a while, but I seem to have got a veritable plethora (yes, word of the day toilet paper) of pcb picture updates sitting around.
- Changed all references I could find in the site from Laserdisk to Laserdisc, thanks to Aaron Smart :)
- Added Afterburner to R360 Hardware, thanks to Aaron.
- Added better screenshots to Virtua On 2 on Model 3 Step 2 Hardware, thanks to Tomas Dahlgren.
- Added better PCB photo to Model 2A Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added flyer for Outrun 2 on Chihiro Hardware page, thanks to Dean Oates.
- Added Ollie King to Naomi 2 Hardware page.
- Added Initial D Arcade Stage 3 to Naomi 2 GD-Rom Hardware page.
- Added Puyo Puyo Fever to Naomi Hardware.
- Added Quest Of D to the Naomi 2 Hardware page.
- Added MJ 2 to Naomi Satellite Terminal Hardware.
- Added Crackin' DJ 2 back to Naomi Hardware, as there's both a ROM cart and GD-Rom version, thanks to Futaba Aoi.
- Added Touch De Uno to Naomi Hardware, goodness knows how I missed this, its even in the developers game list, thanks to Jonas Andersson.
- Added Screenshots and unit shot to World Club Champion Football Serie A 2002-2003 on Naomi 2 Satellite Terminal Hardware.
- Added some better screenshots to Starwars Arcade on Model 1 Hardware.
- Changed year of Taisen Tanto-R 'Sasshissu!' to 1998, thanks to Simon Carless.
- Added Stun Runner and Marble Madness 2 to Andrew J Burgess's game credits in the Staff page, in particular, Stun Runner was his first game and he was not only a main programmer, but also the track designer and traffic AI designer, thanks to the man himself!
- Added Magical Tetris Challenge feat. Mickey with screenshots and pcb picture to the Capcom Unique Hardware page, thanks to Guru.
- Added Pride GP 2003 to System 246 Hardware.
- Added Screenshots to Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: AEUG VS Titans to System 246 Hardware.
- Added screenshots to Gamshara on Capcom Unique Hardware (actually Namco System 10, and also looks like a great remake of Cabal), thanks to Andranik Ghalustians.
- Added PCB pictures of Mitchell Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB pictures and info to the CPS III Hardware page, thanks to Guru.
- Added some better title screen pictures to the CPS III Hardware page.
- Removed the 1 from CPS1, as it makes no sense in retrospect.
- Renamed Bemani Beatmania III Hardware to Bemani Firebeat Hardware after finding out this is what hardware it used. thanks to Gerbel and Rakusuke.
- Renamed Bemani Beatmania IIDX Hardware to Bemani Twinkle Hardware, thanks to Rakusuke.
- Merged System GV Hardware into Baby Phoenix Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added hardware picture to Bemani Twinkle Hardware page.
- Moved Dance Freaks, Dance ManiaX, Dance ManiaX 2nd Mix, Dance ManiaX 2nd Mix Append JParadise from Bemani Unknown Hardware to Bemani 573 Digital Hardware, thanks to Gerbel.
- Moved Pop'N music 4, Pop'N music 5, Pop'N music 6, Pop'N music 7, Pop'N music 8, Pop'N music 9, Pop'N music 10, Pop'N music Animelo, Pop'N music Animelo 2 and Pop'N music Mickey Tunes from Bemani Unknown Hardware to Bemani Firebeat Hardware, thanks to Rakusuke.
- Moved Pop'N Stage and Pop'n Stage ex from Bemani Unknown Hardware to Bemani DJ-Main Hardware.
- Moved Boxing Mania from unknown hardware to Viper Hardware, thanks to Gerbel.
- Moved Fighting Mania/Punching Mania from unknown hardware to System 573 Hardware, thanks to Gerbel.
- Moved all the Para Para Paradise games from Bemani Unknown to Bemani Firebeat, thanks to Chris Schimidtke for pictures of a piece of the hardware.
- Moved Warzaid/World Combat from Pyson Hardware to Viper Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB pictures to Viper Hardware, thank to Guru.
- Added PCB picture to System 573 Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB pictures of the Firebeat Hardware crate, its a pretty impressive stack :), thanks to Chris Schimidtke.
- Added PCB pictures to Polygonet Commanders, thanks to R Belmont.
- Added better screenshots to Polystars on M2 Hardware, thanks to WombatNeo.
- Added a couple more screenshots of Hyperathlete to Baby Phoenix Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added Cabinet pictures to Drum Mania 8th Mix and Guitar Freaks 9th Mix on Bemani System 573 Digital Hardware.
- Removed Arctic Adventure, Comic Bakery, King's Valley, Knightmare, Konami Mahjong, Monkey Academy, Mopirange and Sky Jaguar from the Unknown Hardware page, these are all MSX games and as far as I'm aware have no arcade versions, there are probably even more on the Unknown Hardware page, but I don't have time to investigate at the moment. Thanks to Aaron Smart for the information.
- Removed Bemani PC Hardware page, thanks to Taiki.
- Nothing this time.
- Added Thunder Ceptor Hardware page and moved Thunder Ceptor and Thunder Ceptor 2 from Unique Hardware page to it and added screenshots and hardware information.
- Added to Taiko No Tatsujin 5 / Drum Master 5 to System 10 Hardware.
- Added Counter-Strike Neo to the Medium Scale Attraction Hardware page.
- Renamed Um Jammy Lammy to Um Jammer Lammy on System 12 Hardware, thanks to Justin Kerk.
- Moved Truck Kyosokyoku from System 10 Hardware to System 12 Hardware, thanks to R Belmont.
- Moved Classic Reunion from System 10 Hardware to Unique Hardware as its Z80 based.
- Added better screenshots to Ridge Racer on System 22 Hardware, thanks to Fausto Car?
- Added better screenshots to Prop Cycle on Super System 22 Hardware, thanks to Fausto Car?
- Added screenshots to Air Combat 22 and Cyber Cycles and Time Crisis on Super System 22 Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added Psyvariar 2 to Taito Sega Naomi GD-Rom Hardware page.
- Added Zoid Infinity to the System 246 Hardware page.
- Added Space Invaders Anniversary to G-Net Hardware page.
- Added Dark Awake, Exeus and Pocchitto Nyaa to the Unknown Post 90 Hardware page.
- Added PCB picture to Taito JC System, thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB pictures to G-Net Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB pictures to Tiger Heli Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB picture of Land Maker Prototype PCB to Taito F3 Hardware page, thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB picture of Portman to Z80 Unique Hardware page, thanks to Guru.
- Moved Heavy Unit from Z80 Unique Hardware to Licensed Hardware and added a PCB picture, thanks to Guru.
- Moved Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble from Unknown Post 90 Hardware to Taito Sega Naomi GD-Rom Hardware, thanks to Futaba Aoi.
- Noticed Anything?
- Its been hanging around on my hard-drive for ages, and some of it was already up but unlinked, basically its just hardware that I found there was something interesting about or even that it just has some cool games on it :)
- So, I just tidied it up a tiny bit and uploaded it, have fun, its only a bit of sillyness anyway...
- Ooo, what games have I picked up recently, Psyvariar, Silpheed, Border Down are all top shooters, and I picked up Time Crisis 3 the other day as well which is a great conversion of a great arcade game, but then I love all that gun game stuff, pity Virtua Cop 3 isn't getting a home release, because its excellent.
- I'm brimming over with excitement for Outrun 2, I checked out the official Outrun 2 page the other day and snagged the video of it in action, impressive stuff and I'll be one of the first in the queue to try it out when it finally gets to the UK sometime in the new year.
- ATEI in the UK is at the beginning at the start of next year, anyone who's going along let me know and you can buy me a beer at the show :)
- Right that's it, time to go, quick and dirty, just the way I like it,
Toby... (Splash Wave 2003 is da bomb...)
28.9.2003 - Teeny Tiny Update...
- No, I haven't forgotten about the site, its undergoing spectacularly heavy work at the moment, and I cant actually update anything until I finish what I'm doing, which may take another month or even two, but bear with me, it'll all work out fine in the end ;)
- That's about it really, just wanted to let people know I hadn't fallen off the end of the world!
2.8.2003 - Super System 16 Alpha Zero 6 World Edition Rev 1.6(Euro)
- Happy (belated) Birthday to Jack! He was 1 Year old on July 4th, and we all had a great day playing in his new ball pond and eating jelly and ice cream by the bucket load. In the month between this he's now started walking as well, which is great! I also got him following in my footsteps as well ;)
- I've been seriously busy for the past 2 months, its a small miracle I've actually had any time and got round to updating the site what with work and real life getting in the way, as they say, these things are sent to try us.
- Right, I need some help/advice. I'm looking at dragging myself and the website into the 21st century and getting some sort of database type system working for the site and I need some assistance in what to do as I don't know a great deal about databases.
First and foremost I need to be able to update (edit etc.) the site offline and locally on my laptop pc, then upload the finished results to the web as I cant do any of the my updates "live" as I am away from a net connection when I do them. The layout needs to be in a similar format as present, with minimal changes, and it needs to work as a database so people can search for, say, Naomi and get all the Naomi results back, irrespective of developer.
Any help would be appreciated, and any assistance invaluable, but please realize I cant pay for anything as this site doesn't make any money and its obviously just a hobby.
- I have a request from Mark Haysman, The rare Choplifter *System 1* PCB he has is missing a rom - the one at the top in the middle, He'd really like to get hold of it to make 100% sure it's what it's supposed to be. It may be some sort of early version or slightly different in some way from the Normal System 2 version. If anyone else has a System 1 Choplifter board could they please get in contact with me.
- *NOTICE* There's going to be a UK (and any other countries that can make it) meet up of some of the arcade, emulation and general layabout peeps in London on Saturday August the 23rd. Anyone who wants to come and say hi and watch me get drunk and make a fool of myself on the DDR machines are more than welcome to come along, Hawaiian shirts are optional. Email for details or you may know where to catch me and spread the news, it's always good to meet up with everyone. Last time was a right laugh, well, at least what I could remember of it...
- Added pictures of Outrun 2 to the Chihiro Hardware page, thanks to the approximately 100 or so people who told me :)
Particular mentions go to Kevin Williams for getting there first (a clear day before anyone else) and FerrariManF355 for the trivia.
- Added Naomi 2 Satellite Hardware page and moved the various versions of World Club Champion Football Serie A to it, thanks to Dedan Anderson.
- Added World Club Champion Football Serie A 2002-2003 to the Naomi 2 Satellite Hardware page.
- Added a new Mechanical Hardware page, moved Jet Rocket and Grand Prix to it.
- Added Periscope, Punching Bag and Rifleman to the Mechanical Hardware page, thanks to Salvador Perugorr?Lorente.
- Added Missile to the Mechanical Hardware page.
- Added sound hardware information to the G80 Vector Hardware page and G80 Raster Hardware page, thanks to Olivier Galibert.
- Added Head On / Space Attack to Vic Dual Hardware, thanks to Mark Haysman.
- Added Demolish Fist to Atomiswave Hardware, thanks to Joerg Hartenberger.
- Added Gettikou Pro Yakyuu to Triforce Hardware, thanks to Jarrod Anderson.
- Added better screenshots to Stadium Cross on System Multi 32 Hardware, thanks to FBFF.
- Moved The Key Of Avalon from Naomi Satellite Hardware to Triforce Hardware and added some information about it, thanks to Jarrod Anderson and Jonas Andersson.
- Added Cycraft Simulator to the Medium Sized Attraction Page, thanks to Shane Wells.
- Sorted out the Medium Sized Attraction page and added duplicate record for Boat Race GP, Indy 500, Lost World Special, Power Sled, R360, STCC and Virtua Formula to it.
- Added some better pictures to Lost World Special and Power Sled to the Medium Sized Attraction page, thanks to Rafael Coelho.
- Added screenshots to Boxing/Boxer on 6502 Black and White Hardware, thanks to Stefan Jokisch's work in MAME.
- Added screenshots to Tournament Table on Unique Hardware, thanks to Stefan Jokisch's work in MAME.
- Added PCB picture to Qwak on Discrete Logic Hardware, thanks to R Belmont.
- Added a Capcom section by popular request, thanks to Cybercade, www.cps2shock.com and MAME.
- I now host Cybercade instead of at Arcadeflyers, it was a joint decision made between them and myself, and we felt the site is more relevant here. The information is being (and will be fully) integrated with the main site if/when I get the database version of this site running. Its in a slightly reduced form as we were forced to removed the manuals due to bandwidth constraints (they were going to go whether it stayed on arcadeflyers or not), but if you are after one for a specific purpose I'm sure something can be arranged.
- Added new Bemani PC Hardware section and moved Beatmania IIDX 9th Mix to it, thanks to KNTain.
- Added PCB shots to Bemani DJ-Main Hardware.
- Added information and PCB shots for Winding Heat, GTI Club and Solar Assault on PPC Based Hardware thanks to Guru and R Belmont.
- Added better Crypt Killer screenshots and pcb photos, thanks to Guru.
- Added some more information, some better screenshots and tidied up the Konami GX Hardware page a bit more, thanks to R Belmont and Acho Tang's work in MAME.
- Added some better screenshots and tidied up the Konami Mystic Warriors Hardware page, thanks to R Belmont and Acho Tang's work in MAME.
- Added some better screenshots and tidied up the Konami Xexex Based Hardware page, thanks to R Belmont and Acho Tang's work in MAME.
- Added some updated information on Hornet Hardware, thanks to R Belmont.
- Added a better screenshot to Golfing Greats on TMNT2 Hardware.
- Moved Dance Dance Revolution USA and Dancing Stage Featuring Disney's Rave from Bemani System 573 Analog Hardware to Bemani System 573 Digital Hardware, thanks to Electronicebayer.
- Added some upgrade information on upgrading Bemani System 573 Digital I/O Hardware, thanks to Taiki.
- Moved 10 Pin Deluxe from Unknown Hardware to Astrocade Hardware, thanks to Greg.
- Added 10 Pin Champ to Astrocade Hardware, thanks to Greg
- Added System specs for Atlantis Hardware and PCB pictures, thanks to Erick Brown.
- Added NBA Showtime - NFL Blitz 99 and NBA Showtime Gold - NFL Blitz 2000 Gold to Vegas Hardware, thanks to Electronicebayer.
- Added proper (non-proto) Killer Instinct PCB picture on KI Hardware, thanks to Electronicebayer.
- Added some more information and corrections to the History page, thanks to Tim Ferrante.
- Added some cabinet pictures to Desert Gun on 8080 Hardware, thanks to Greg.
- Added some screen and cabinet photos for Wheels on discrete hardware, thanks to Greg.
- Changed all references of Chip Squeak to Cheap Squeak, thanks to Kevin.
- Added some PCB shots to the System 10 page, thanks to Guru.
- Added some PCB pictures of System 23 Hardware, thanks to Electronicebayer.
- Added better screenshots to Derby Quiz My Dream Horse, Ehrgeiz, Fighting Layer, Golgo 13, Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament on System 12 Hardware, thanks to the work on ZiNc.
- Added better screenshots to Prime Goal EX on System 11 Hardware, thanks to the work on ZiNc.
- Added some sound hardware information to the System 11 and System 22 pages, thanks to R Belmont.
- Moved Rock Climber from Unknown Pre 90 Hardware to Z80 Unique Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Added better pictures of Strike Bowling on 8080 Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Added screenshots for Big Event Golf on Z80 Unique Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Added system information about Wolf System Hardware, thanks to Pascal Scalais.
- Moved Space Cruiser and screenshots from unknown to Taito SJ, thanks to Dox.
- Added screenshots for Ben Bero Beh and Halley's Comet to Unique Hardware, thanks to Greg for reminding me.
- Added screenshots to Birdie King on Z80 Unique Hardware, thanks to Greg for reminding me.
- Added Field Day to 40-0 Hardware with screenshots, thanks to Greg for reminding me.
- I've been going back through my shooter collection recently and have tried (yet again) to beat Ikaruga and Gradius 3+4, and I can't, they're too hard, I give up.
- In desperation I've now been forced to buy an Xbox as House of the Dead III is and Outrun 2 look like being Xbox exclusive when its released early next year, bah humbug, but at least I finally get to play Halo and Panzer Dragoon Orta :)
- My laptop keeps locking up and its driving me spare, I do all the site work on it and it seems like I'm having to save after every other word sometimes, if I could afford to I'd hoof it out the window, but I suppose that wouldn't be the wisest course of action really cos then I'd actually have to work on the site at home... If anyone wants to buy me one of these then I'll be more than happy ;)
23.5.2003 - Lets face the music and dance!
- I've finally had enough of the insane amounts of spam I've been getting, BT's server side spam catcher is great but I'm still getting more than 20 spams a day that get through (BT catch up to 30 a day server side). I have a fairly agressive spam filter on my email program but it's getting out of hand, to this end I've removed my email address from the website completely and now have a dodgy email contact page instead with details of how to get hold of me.
- Right, OK, I know, the pop-ups are getting slightly insane, they were bad before and now they're getting even worse and there's nothing I can do, really there isn't. I dont pay the company I'm hosted with (a non-profit making emulation orientated server network) and they are struggling with the costs of serving all of the sites on the network at the moment with the adverts (banner and pop-ups) paying less and less all the time. If it doesnt get any better soon there is a good chance that some of the websites hosted on this network will be 'shed' and only a few core sites kept on, this may or may not include my site but due to the graphically heavy content of the site, meaning that the page size per click is relativly large, I have a feeling that mine may be one of the many to be 'let go'.
- If I do have to move the site then I'll have to try and resource a new host and probably pay for it out of my own pocket as I really don't want the site to close or downsize in any way. I know I say I do the site mostly for myself as a hobby (which is true to a certain degree) but the whole point of having a website really is that people can see it, otherwise I'd just have it on my PC ;)
- Anyway, on with less depressing matters...
- New from this update I will be mirroring an arcade industry news report called "The Stinger Report", this has been running for some and is a good resource for news and the latest goings on in the arcade industry in general.
The report mirrored on this site is the "Light" version, for the full in-depth version you have to go to the Stinger Report website and subscribe to the "Full Fat" version which is a pay service. The link for the light report hosted here will now be on the menu bar under "Other Stuff / Stinger" and will usually have the latest report, makes for some interesting reading usually!
- I finally got myself sorted out and took quite a lot of time out to get the Konami Bemani section sorted out, it was probably the least accurate section of the site and needed some serious work and time spent on it, which up to now I'd lacked enthusiam for, thanks to the people who sent me all the little bits of information so I was able to build up the bigger picture, I still have some "unknowns" but its a damn site better than it was!
- With all that said, as always, on with the update!
- Added Choplifter on System 1 as there was a version released on this as well, thanks to Dave Widel.
- Added Wonderboy on System 2 as there was a version released on this as well, thanks to Dave Widel.
- Added World Club Champion Football Serie A 2001-2002 Ver.2 to the Naomi Sattelite Hardware page.
- Added a VCO Object Hardware page and moved Buck Rogers/Zoom 909, Subroc-3D and Turbo to it, thanks to Mark Haysman.
- Added screenshots for Block Gal to the System 1 Hardware Page, thanks to the heads up from Greg Fife about it being in MAME now.
- Added Aero Table cabinet to the Cabinet Hardware page thanks to Yoann.
- Added better cabinet shot and control panel to Holosseum on System 32 Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added 2D title screenshots for Model 2 Hardware and Model 2A CRX Hardware games, thanks to Elsemi's great work on Nebula.
- Added screenshots for Model 2B CRX Hardware and Model 2C CRX Hardware games, thanks to Elsemi's great work on Nebula.
- Updated the list of Dual games on Vic Dual Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Renamed F-Zero AC to F-Zero AX on Triforce Hardware.
- Added Mini Golf and PCB pictures to 70's Prototype Hardware, thanks to Al Kossow.
- Added PCB pictures to Cannonball on 70's Prototype Hardware, thanks to Al Kossow.
- Added PCB shots to Tank 8 and Sprint 8 on 6800 Based Hardware, thanks to Al Kossow.
- Moved Road Burners from Seattle Hardware to Vegas Hardware, thanks to Scott.
- Moved Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey from Seattle Hardware to Unique Hardware, thanks to Scott.
- Added Asteroids prototype to System 1 Hardware page, thanks to Scott.
- Added Relief Pitcher prototype to System 1 Hardware page, thanks to Scott.
- Added Anti Aircraft marquee to Discrete Logic Hardware thanks to AndrewH.
- Added Breakout screenshot to Discrete Logic Hardware thanks to AndrewH.
- Added Breakout Cocktail, Stunt Cycle, Quadrapong and Rebound cabinets to Discrete Logic Hardware thanks to AndrewH.
- Added screenshots to Sky Raider on 6502 Black and White Hardware, thanks to the heads up from Greg Fife about it being in MAME now.
- Added some better screenshots for Super Bug and Monte Carlo to the 6800 Based Hardware page.
- Added cabinet shots to Blasteroids on 68000 Based Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added cabinet shots to Canyon Bomber on 6502 Black & White Raster Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added cabinet shots to LeMans, Gran Trak 10 and Trak 10 on Discrete Logic Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added cabinet and screen shots to Tank 2 on Discrete Logic Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Updated the Atari Manuals page, thanks again to Kevin Eshbach.
- AT LAST!!!
Sorted out the Bemani section and divided it up into several different sections - Bemani System 573 Analog Hardware, Bemani System 573 Digital Hardware, Bemani DJ-Main Hardware, Bemani Beatmania II DX Hardware, Bemani Beatmania III Hardware and Bemani Unknown Hardware.
Added a fair amount of stuff and changed quite a bit as well, there may be some mistakes here and there, but its a damn site better than it was before, which to be honest wasnt hard ;) If anyone has any information about the unknown stuff as always I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks for this update go to Shannon Keevers, PumpCurry (from Japan), Jim, Baka Orochi, and Bemanistyle.
- Added some better screenshots of Dragoon Might, Salamander 2, Lethal Enforcers 2, Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzle-dama and Konami Open Golf Championship to the Konami GX Hardware page, thanks to Acho Tang and R Belmonts work in MAME.
- Added some instructions to Sexy Parodius thanks to Tormod via R Belmont :)
- Renamed Jet Surfer to Jet Wave and added a better cabinet picture of it on the PPC Based Hardware page.
- Added cabinet shots to Hyper Bishi Bashi on System 573 Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Moved Powerful Baseball from System GV to System 573, thanks to Guru.
- Added some Solar Assault screenshots and pcb pictures to Power PC Based Hardware, thanks to Adol.
- Moved Cart Fury from Graphite Hardware to Vegas Hardware after having a look at the PCB.
- Added PCB pictures to Killer Instinct Hardware, thanks to Electronicebayer.
- Added cabinet shots to Tornado Baseball on 8080 Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added cabinet shots to Kick on Bally Midway MCR 1 Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added cabinet shot to Kick Man on Bally Midway MCR 1 Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added cabinet shot and explanation for 10 Pin Deluxe on Unknown Hardware, thanks to PokeMAME, Frank Palazzolo and Greg Fife.
- Added Ridge Racer Three Screen Version and cabinet shots to System 22 page.
- Added screenshots to Tenkomori Shooting on System 12 Hardware, thanks to Norbert Rohleder.
- Added cabinet shot to Namco Classic Collection Vol.2 on ND-1 Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added a better cabinet shot to Drivers Eyes on System 21 Hardware.
- Moved Thundercade/Twin Formation/U.A.G from Toaplan Hardware to Licensed Hardware as they were developed by Seta, thanks to DuoMaxwell02.
- Added Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble to the Unknown Post 90 Hardware page, thanks to Ian Patterson.
- Added screenshots to Straight Flush on Taito Unique Hardware.
- Added cabinet shots to 10 Yard Fight on Taito Licensed Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added cabinet shots to Crazy Climber on Taito Licensed Hardware, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added PCB pictures for Ground Effects on Taito 68020 Based Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Moved Empire City:1931 from Z80 Unique Hardware to Licensed Hardware, thanks to "WhoWantsToKnow?"
- Happy birthday to me! It was my 29th birthday on the 16th May, and I had a couple of weeks holiday which was very nice :)
- I got a Gameboy Advance SP (great for the long train journey to work) and a Guncon 2 with Time Crisis 2, Vampire Night, Virtua Cop Elite and Ninja Assault for the playstation 2 all from Becky, all very cool toys, thanks babe!
- Blah, Graphics cards, tsch, who'd have them eh? After going through 3 in the last month or so I've finally found one that works properly, I had an ATI Radeon 9700 for a day but it didnt work with Nebula on the Model 2 stuff and the drivers were frankly rubbish, so that went right back. Now I'm back with a (working) Geforce and all is right with the world, yay!
- O, and thanks to the 0 people who emailed with help on where to get a PS2 Gradius or an arcade cabinet, I managed to find a Gradius 3&4 on ebay, so its not all doom and gloom,
Toby... (Happy Birthday to meeeeee...)
18.4.2003 - Clunk Click Kerplunk Kerching!
- First of all, I have to say that I'm surprised at the recent news that Sega are talking with Namco in regards to a merger, I thought we'd gone down this road a while back and it came to nothing, so this now makes at least 5 different companies who have been identified in having some interest in merging with Sega, o well, we'll have to see I suppose...
- Right, as for the update, I've been meaning to do this for ages and I finally got my arse in gear and got around to it, its taken quite a lot of effort and research and was done thanks to some encouragement and information provided by Sega's AM4 Dept, recently renamed to Sega Mechatronics R&D Dept who have been a great help. This is the division that is responsible for most of Sega's groundbreaking cabinet hardware and a lot of the electromechanical machines released in the arcades. They have just launched their own website which is more than worth a look over at http://www.sega-mechatro.com/. Getting an email from them was pretty neat :)
- On a personal note I'm pretty pleased with this update as it expands the Sega section even more, and even brings it pretty close to being complete, with very few things that Sega released in the arcade left to add to the site. On top of that the rather large Atari prototypes update make it an even more satisfying update.
- O, also, completey missed by me until I noticed the other day, the sites just shot past 3 million hits! Just to think that all those people have looked at the site and what I've wrote, cooo, well, at least it makes those times when I'm keeping it up to date at 2am and resisting the urge to just throw the whole thing out the window worth it :)
- As always, I've decided to just up what I've done, as otherwise I'd never get around to doing it as I keep playing with it all the time :)
- Renamed Satellite Hardware to Naomi Satellite Hardware as all the games are Naomi based.
- Added The Key to Avalon, Derby Owners Club 2 Ver.2, Derby Owners Club 2 Ver.2.1 and Derby Owners Club 2000 to Naomi Satellite Hardware.
- Added Slipstream by Capcom to System 32 Hardware page, thanks to Haze for reminding me.
- Added Cabinet shot for F-Zero AC to Triforce Hardware.
- Added Champion Pro Wrestling and screenshots to Z80 Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Added screenshots for Champion Boxing and Free Kick to Z80 Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Moved Pro Monaco GP from Unknown Hardware to Discrete Logic Hardware and added some screenshots and cabinet shots, thanks to Brian Deuel.
- Moved Moto Cross from Unknown Hardware to Discrete Logic Hardware, its very similar to Fonz.
- Added Medium Scale Attractions page and added AS-1, CCD, Cyber Dome, Ghost Hunters, Mad Bazooka, Rail Chase - The Raid, Lost World Special 1997, Sega Super Circuit and VR-1 to the page.
- Added Cabinet Hardware page and added Aero City, Astro City, Blast City, Megalo 410, Megalo 50, Naomi Universal Cabinet, Net City, New Astro City,
New Versus City, Super Megalo 2, Swing and Versus City to the page.
- Added Carnival Hardware page and added Air Circus, Bingo Carnival, Bull's Eye, Championship Basketball, Exciting Speed Hockey, Flash Beats, Hockey Stadium, Mogu Rapper, New Speed Hockey, Pair Match Hockey, Pig Racing, Saurus Wars, Skip Beat, Speed Attack, Speed Basketball, Speed Soccer, Tatakot, Vs. Championship Basketball and Wack-A-Doodle-Doo to the page.
- Added Prize Hardware page and added Aqua Paradise, Baby UFO, Dream Catcher, Dream Kitchen, Dream Palace, Dream Palace 2, Dream Town, Dream Throne, Funky Dice, New UFO Catcher, Prize Sensor, Super Guru Guru Station, School Kids, UFO A la Carte, UFO A la Carte 2, UFO Catcher, UFO Catcher 7, UFO Catcher 21, UFO Catcher 800, UFO Catcher DX, UFO Catcher Excellent, UFO Catcher Mini, UFO Circus Land, UFO Prize Stage, UFO Pusher, UFO Pusher Twin, and UFO Segasonic to the page.
- Added Medal Hardware page and added Bingo Circus, Bingo Fantasy, Bingo Party, Bingo Party Multicards, Bingo Party Phoenix, Bingo Party Special, Bingo Party Splash, Bingo Planet, Bingo Star, Black Jack, Blicks, Boat Race Ocean Heats, Caribbean Boule, Dancing Fever, Dancing Fever Gold, Derby Day, Exciting Boat Race, Exciting Black Jack, Fantasy Zone, Full Up Poker, Golden Night 21, Liberal, Mahjong, New Penny Hall, Roulette Club, Roulette Club DX, Royal Ascot, Royal Ascot Special, Royal Ascot 2 DX, Royal Ascot 2 SD, Royal Club, Royal Derby, Royal Night, Star Horse, Star Horse 2001, Star Horse 2002, Super Dice Craps, Tinker Bell, Treasure Island, World Bingo, World Derby, Vegas Parlor and Yatterman to the page.
- Added Coin Pusher Medal Hardware page and added Aqua Stage, Castle Coaster, Circle Fantasy, Galaxy Dream, Galaxy Express 999, Golden Wave, Jackpot Slider, Penny Fall Special, Starburst and Western Dream to the page.
- Added Fruit Machine Hardware page and added M3001, M3002, M3003, M3004, M4001, M4002 and M5001 to the page.
- Added Kiddy Ride Hardware page and added 3Chomeno Tama Waku Waku Tama & Friends, Disney Fun Square, Jet Rider, Paopao Catcher, Popcorn Shop 2, Pony Ride, Segasonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol, Segasonic Popcorn Shop, Waku Waku Anpanman, Waku Waku Fire Patrol, Waku Waku Jumbo, Waku Waku Marine, Waku Waku Pajero, Waku Waku Shinkansen, Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car, Waku Waku Sonikku Patokaa, Waku Waku Syobosya, Waku Waku Tama & Friends, Waku Waku Ultraman Racing, Wanpaku Fishing and Wanpaku Safari to the page.
- I'm probably going to sort out the sections further in future, for example many of the games in the medal and kiddy rides sections use known hardware such as Naomi and C2, but I need to think about how to split them up or not...but at the present I just want them all in the site so that I can keep track of everything ;)
- First of all I have to say a huge thanks to Scott from Safestuff, he knows more about Atari prototype arcade hardware than possibly anyone, and this whole Atari update is more or less thanks to the huge amount of information he's sent me, this has reduced the number of prototype games that nothing is known about down to a (comparatively) very small level, and left the unknown section with only 2 games!
- Safestuff has also been updated so run along there to check out even more pictures of his stuff than I have here.
- Added 3D0 Prototype Hardware page and moved Beavis and Butt head and Die Alien Scum to it.
- Added Hotrod Rebels and pictures to 90's Prototype Hardware.
- Added screenshots for Cyber Storm on 90's Prototype Hardware.
- Added Bounty Hunter to 90's Prototype Hardware.
- Added screenshots for Bloodlust on Media GX Hardware.
- Added screenshots and cabinet shots for Maze Invaders on 80's prototype hardware.
- Added screenshots and cabinet shots for Solar War on 70's prototype hardware.
- Moved Lunar Battle from Unknown Hardware to Vector Hardware and added some screenshots from MAME.
- Moved Indy from Unknown Hardware to Discrete Logic Hardware.
- Moved 3 on 3 Basketball from Unknown Hardware to Cojag Hardware.
- Moved Compugraph Photo from Unknown Hardware to Unique Hardware as it is a Photo Booth type device.
- Moved Target Outpost from Unknown Hardware as alternate name for Akka Arrh on 80's Prototype Hardware.
- Moved Weather War from 80's Prototype Hardware to 6502 Colour Hardware as it was the name for CLOUD 9 before field test.
- Moved Ice World from Unknown Hardware to Unique Hardware as it is the early name for I,ROBOT.
- Removed JacHammer (real name Jackhammer) from Unknown Hardware as its the code name from the cojag board used in Maximum Force.
- Removed cabinet picture for Missile Command Deluxe it was Arcade Classics.
- Removed "Las" from "Las Vegas Hardware".
- Changed name for Juko Thread to Juko Threat on Vegas Hardware.
- Removed Prototype tag from San Francisco Rush TE on Denver Hardware as it was not a Prototype.
- Added some screenshots and cabinet shots added for Race Drivin' Panorama to Hard Drivin' Hardware page, thanks to Jeff Anderson.
- Renamed Ultimate Battler Dadandarn to Kyukyoku Sentai Dadandarn on Mystic Warriors Hardware and added lots of new pictures to most of the games from the recent emulation in MAME thanks to R Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Nicola Salmoria and Acho Tang.
- Sorted out some of the names in the Konami GX section and updated a lot of the screenshots thanks again to the superb work in MAME by R Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Nicola Salmoria and Acho Tang.
- Added some better screenshots of Powerful Baseball on System GV, thanks to Guru.
- Moved a lot of recent games from Unknown hardware to Pyson Hardware and merged PSX2 Hardware and Pyson Hardware as they're the same thing.
- Removed "Las" from "Las Vegas" hardware, thanks to Scott.
- Added some new screenshots to Mach Breakers on Mach Breakers.
- Added some new screenshots to J League V Shoot on NB1 Hardware.
- Added some new screenshots to Steel Gunner on System 2 Hardware.
- Added Operation Wolf 3 Hardware page and moved Operation Wolf 3 and Slap Shot to it, thanks to David Graves.
- Added Super Qix Hardware page and moved Super Qix, Prebellian and Vs Hot Smash to it, thanks to Dox.
- Renamed Naomi Hardware to Naomi GD-Rom Hardware as all the taito games are on GD-Rom.
- Added Usagi - The Arcade to Naomi GD-Rom Hardware page, and added flyers for Usagi and Shikigami No Shiro 2.
- Added screenshots for Ground Effects to 68020 Based Hardware, thanks to the work in MAME by Brian McPhail and David Graves.
- Added some new screenshots to Kick Start wheelie King on SJ Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Moved Strike Bowling from unknown pre 90 to 8080 Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Moved Victorious Nine from unknown pre 90 hardware to Fairyland Story Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Added PCB photo to Super Qix Hardware thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB photo to 8080 Hardware thanks to Guru.
- My PC's graphics card blew up the other day so I was unable to use it for two weeks, so I'm stupidly far behind on my emails and have had to be a bit ruthless in deleting stuff to catch up on the 300+ emails I ended up with at once, if I didn't reply to you I'm sorry, but I've had to wade through so many in the last few days that I'm sure I deleted some by accident...
- I'm looking for a UK copy of Gradius III/V for the Playstation 2, I would be really grateful if anyone could find a copy of it for me, email me at the usual address if you know where I can pick one up...
- Also, while I'm at the whole looking for stuff thing, anyone have an empty arcade cabinet I can use as a MAME cab base? I'm in Kent in the south east of England, so if anyone local-ish has one just lying around... ;)
- Anyway, thats enough for this time, have fun browsing!
Toby... (Cat Battleship Forever!...)
14.3.2003 - Spring Cleaning
- Right, to start off I have to say a HUGE thanks to Farfetch'd for writing me a superb little program for generating the monster.html and complete_game.html files automatically from the hardware pages, this means that after writing a small batch program I'll never have to do it manually again and all the links will be perfect! This is going to save me so much time its not even funny, and I can't thank him enough :)
- This update I haven't added much at all game wise, but I've spent a huge amount of time going through the site with a fine tooth comb trying to sort out all the odds and ends, formatting problems and general mistakes that tend to creep in after a while in a project as big as this. Everything should be more uniform now, making site look a little neater to me, but most people wont notice it.
- I've also changed how the games are displayed, instead of having every version of the name in the lists and header tables (e.g. Green Beret/Rush'n'Attack), they are now only displayed once each, it was getting stupidly messy especially in the Konami section where they tend to have 3+ names for each game, and if you're looking for a game you're going to click on it anyway and the individual game table has all the games names in it aren't you?, and if you don't like it, well, tough, it's my site and I like it like that so nyah :-P
- There are literally hundreds of small changes this update that have not been mentioned as I didn't bother to keep a note of what I was doing as I was messing about with it so much, I renamed loads and altered a few in other ways, but I made notes below of all the games I added which will have to do :)
- Added Guilty Gear XX #Reload and Shootout Pool Prize to the Naomi GD-Rom Section.
- Added Club Kart Prize to the Naomi 2 section.
- Added Dead or Alive 2 Version 2000 to Naomi Hardware.
- Moved Shootout Pool and Border Down from Future Games to Naomi GD-Rom page.
- Renamed Sonic The Hedgehog to Segasonic The Hedgehog on System 32 Hardware.
- Sorted out Moero! Justice Gakuen, added the alternate name, Project Justice: Rival Schools 2.
- Bit the bullet and deleted Dynamite Baseball from the STV Hardware page, I'm pretty positive that this is actually Dynamite Baseball '97 on Model 2B Hardware.
- Deleted Shikigami No Shiro 2 from Sega Naomi hardware and moved it to Taito Naomi Hardware, as it's nothing to do with Sega.
- Deleted New Japan Pro Wrestling Toukon Retsuden IV from Sega Naomi hardware and moved it to Namco Naomi Hardware, as it's nothing to do with Sega.
- Removed the MP3 section of the site, every game there now has the music more or less perfectly emulated in R Belmont's arcade sound emulator M1.
- Removed the Future Games section of the site, now that arcade releases are a lot more few and far between its now possible to actually keep up and a lot easier to just drop games in their section, and besides, the sites updated so randomly some of the games in the future section had been released for several months sometimes :)
- Added Arcade Classic Hardware page and moved Arcade Classic and Sparkz to it.
- Added pictures of Fast Freddie and Playchoice 10 Gauntlet to Unique Hardware.
- Deleted all the games in the prototype section that also existed in their rightful hardware sections as the duplication was causing problems and not needed.
- Moved all games from prototype sections to their respective hardware pages where I knew the hardware, this has reduced the amount of games in the prototype pages to a manageable size and also now only contains total unknowns or unique prototype hardware and games, as it should be.
- Linked up all the games in the Unknown Hardware page at last, help, as always, would be appreciated...
- Added some pictures for Mystic Warriors based Hardware, thanks to R Belmont and Phil Strofflino's work in MAME.
- Added some pictures for Konami GX Hardware, thanks to R Belmont and Phil Strofflino's work in MAME.
- Added alternate names and screenshots for Typhoon and Checkered Flag to Chequered Flag Based Hardware.
- Added alternate names and screenshots for Labyrinth Runner on Contra Based Hardware.
- Added alternate names and screenshots for Rack 'Em Up on Blades Of Steel Based Hardware.
- Renamed Athens hardware back to Zeus II, its actually named as Zeus II Hardware on the flyers, if athens was ever used then it was a prototype name or something...
- Added some better screenshots to Invasion on Zeus Hardware page.
- Moved New Japan Pro Wrestling Toukon Retsuden IV from Sega Naomi Hardware to Namco Naomi Hardware page.
- Moved Shikigami No Shiro 2 from Sega Naomi Hardware to Taito Naomi Hardware page.
- Added Twin Formation, the alternate name for Thundercade to Toaplan Hardware.
- Not much else really, this update was to mainly get the broken links sorted out and sort out all the lists, the games that were added were because they were sitting in front of me on my hard-drive and I happened to remember to add them ;)
Toby... (Hoping that next week follows this one...)
25.2.2003 - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel...?
- I was originally going to do an update right after the ATEI 2003, but due to me having less than zero free time afterwards due to having to baby-proof my entire house as Jack's started crawling/rolling around and generally making his unsteady way around :)
- The London ATEI arcade trade show, was, as always, good fun, you can knock the state of the industry at the moment but you cant complain about having 2-3 days running around playing games for free :)
- There was some great stuff on display this year, I loved Tokyo Highway Cop from Gaelco, Battle Gear 3 from Taito was ace, Time Crisis 3 from Namco was awesome, Dancing Stage Euromix 2 from Konami is a personal favorite and House Of The Dead 3 from Sega was good, if a bit easy at the beginning and a bit hard at the end and a bit too heavy on the arms with the large guns... There, that's one game from each of the companies :)
- A special mention goes out to Sega's Derby Owners Club World Edition, I wasn't too sure what I was going to make of this, but after spending about 15 minutes on it and having to be removed from the machine with a rather large crowbar I have to say its one of the more addictive arcade games I've ever played, I must have gone back to this machine more than any other at the show, training your horse up and entering races sounds kinda dull till you actually start doing it :)
- There have been several major announcements from the main industry movers and shakers in the past 2 months so I'm going to do a brief summary of what's happened as far as I can tell...
The biggest news at the moment is obviously that Sega are merging with Sammy. This is planned to happen in October this year, with the boss of Sammy taking control of the merged company, but Sega still holding a 54% share of the company. The merged company *will* still be called Sega, with the Sammy name being retained for their well known pachinko machines.
Capcom are releasing their last ever Arcade game, Capcom Fighting All Stars on System 246 hardware, later this year, they will now concentrating on the Console sector.
Compile, one of the lesser known arcade companies but producers of some great games, have now shut their doors, the recent Pochinya being their last ever game.
Namco Europe are closing, and Namco are now manufacturing everything outside Japan and the US under license.
Konami has closed their American, Australian, European, Asian and Singapore offices and all manufacturing outside Japan will now been done under license.
- So, in recent years we've lost Midway, Atari, SNK, Data East, Irem, Jaleco, Raizing, Psikyo and many smaller companies, leaving only really the Japanese "big boys", Sega, Namco, Taito and Konami. The only outsider being Gaelco from Spain who produce one or two (albeit great) games a year. The future? who knows, I wouldn't even be surprised to see a couple of the other big Japanese arcade companies merging together to tighten their belts.
- From a personal point of view as I'm concerned you really have to be able to offer something that the average user cannot get at home on their consoles or PC's...
- With all this in mind there is a nice recently written article by Kevin Williams on the rise and fall of the amusement industry, making some valid points and has one of the more accurate accounts of what actually happened, check it out.
- Anyway, with all that out the way theres a fair amount of sorting out gone on this update, so on we go!
- Sorted out the Model 2 sections (I've been meaning to do this for a while) This is mainly due to some confusion over the same games on different systems, basically most of the non dedicated Model 2A CRX games were also made as Model 2B CRX as well, this was due to their being a greater amount of non-dedicated 2B CRX machines. Thanks to Guru and Elsemi for helping to sort them out a bit more.
Added Over Rev by Jaleco to the Model 2B CRX Hardware page.
Added Dynamite Cop, Pilot Kids and Zero Gunner to Model 2A CRX Hardware.
Added Dynamite Cop to Model 2B CRX Hardware.
Deleted Dynamite Cop from Model 2C CRX Hardware, I can't believe its on all 3 systems :)
Added Virtua Fighter 2.1 to Model 2A CRX Hardware page, I've been meaning to do this for ages, but kept forgetting...
Added some information on the MPEG board used for music in some of the later Model 2C CRX Hardware games, I've known about this for ages after talking to someone a while ago about Star Wars Trilogy and the fact it used a streaming MPEG board for music instead of the SCSP's, but for some reason it slipped my mind about updating the site with it. Thanks to Elsemi for reminding me.
- Sorted out the Model 3 sections as well.
Added Boat Race GP to the Model 3 Hardware page.
Added Lost World Special to the Model 3 Step 1.5 Hardware page.
Added some better screenshots to Dirt Devils on Model 3 Step 2.1 Hardware.
Added some information on the MPEG board used for music in some of the Model 3 Games, although the only ones I know for definite that use it are Star Wars Trilogy and Daytona USA 2.
- Overhauled the Atomiswave hardware page, added Sushi Bar and Guilty Gear X Version 1.5 and added screenshots for Dolphin Blue, Guilty Gear X Version 1.5, Maximum Speed, Premium Eleven, Sports Shooting USA and Sushi Bar.
- Added Tactician and screenshots to Z80 Based Hardware.
- Added Gigas Mark II and added screenshots to Gigas and Gigas Mark II on Z80 Based Hardware.
- Added Formation Battle In May to Naomi Hardware, which has to be the greatest name for a game ever...
- Added MJ Net to Satellite Terminal Hardware.
- Added AS-1 Simulator to Cabinet Hardware.
- Added some nice screenshots to Crazy Taxi High Roller and Virtua Cop 3 on Chihiro Hardware.
- Added some better pictures for F-Zero AC on Triforce Hardware, thanks to Rafael.
- Renamed Shiki Megami No Shiro 2 to Shikigami No Shiro, thanks to Gridle.
- Added Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution Version B to the Naomi 2 Hardware section.
- Added deluxe cabinet shot to Starwars Arcade on Model 1 Hardware.
- Added screen shot and pcb photo to Championship Baseball 2, thanks to Mark Haysman.
- Added screenshots to Gain Ground on System 24 Hardware, thanks to Mark Haysman.
- Added flyer to Ace Attacker on System 16 Hardware, its actually a volleyball game, who knew?, Thanks to Lee Hord.
- Moved Perfect Billiard from Unknown Hardware to Licensed Hardware, thanks to Tony Gonzalez.
- Added some more Manx TT Superbike midi's from Zero Beats to the Midi page.
- Added Great Soccer to Mega Tech page and re linked Last Battle, which for some reason was on the master lists but not on the actual page...oops.
- Added pictures of the Dragon Ball Z V.R.V.S motion sensor cabinet on System 32 Hardware, thanks to Mitaine.
- Added some better pictures and renamed Puyo Da! to Puyo Puyo Da! on Naomi hardware.
- Added information to 80's prototype Space Shoot, thanks to Howard Delman (the games designer no-less) for the information :)
- Added cabinet photos for Poolshark on 6800 Based Hardware, thanks to Greg F.
- Moved Breakout Deluxe from Discrete Hardware to 6502 Black and White Hardware, thanks to Tony Gonzalez.
- Added PCB shots and brief hardware description to Metal Maniax on 90's Prototype Hardware, thanks to Aaron Giles.
- Added information to Breakout Deluxe, thanks to Brian Deuel and Owen Rubin.
- Added PCB picture to Media GX Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added PCB picture to Cojag Hardware.
- Moved Golf Simulator from unknown hardware to 80's prototype hardware and added some information from Owen Rubin, thanks to Brian Deuel and Owen Rubin.
- Deleted Jump Cycle from unknown hardware, this was a prototype name for Stunt Cycle, thanks to Brian Deuel.
- Deleted Surround, Necromancer and Nile Flyer from the unknown page thanks to Brian Deuel.
- Deleted Anti Aircraft II from the Discrete Hardware page thanks to Brian Deuel.
- Deleted Boxer from 6502 Hardware, as its the same game as Boxing.
- Added cabinet photo to Boxing on 70's Prototype Hardware, thanks to Brian Deuel.
- Atari Staff page updated thanks to Cris Drobny for sending in his Atari CV :)
- Moved I,Robot from 6502 Page to Unique Hardware page, thanks to Tony Gonzalez.
- Moved Asteroids Deluxe from Vector Hardware to 6502 Vector Hardware, thanks to Tony Gonzalez.
- Added Warzaid to Pyson hardware, the "world" name for to World Combat and added some screenshots.
- Added Pro Evolution Soccer The Arcade to Pyson hardware, the "world" name of World Soccer Winning Eleven Arcade Game Style.
- Added some better screenshots for Thrill Drive 2 on Viper Hardware.
- Updated Pyson Hardware description, being PSX 2 based.
- Added a title screen to Pool Pocket Fortunes on PSX2 Hardware.
- Sorted out the Konami GX and Mystic Warriors hardware sections a bit.
- Added Galactic Warriors to Bubble System Hardware, thanks to Andreas N.
- Moved L'il Hustler from Unknown Hardware to Z80 Hardware, thanks to Tony Gonzalez.
- Moved Wiz Quiz from Unknown Hardware to 6809 Hardware, thanks to Tony Gonzalez.
- Added PCB picture to System GV Hardware.
- Added Quicksilver II Hardware page and moved Hydro Thunder and Off road Thunder to it, thanks to Justin Dawkins.
- Added cabinet photos to Domino Man on Bally Midway MCR-2 System, thanks to Greg F.
- Added cabinet photos to Pro Tennis on Discrete Hardware, thanks to Greg F.
- Added PCB photo to Midway V Unit Hardware.
- Deleted Skins Game from Graphite hardware, as I forgot to remove it when I moved it to Atlantis hardware, oops, thanks to Justin Dawkins.
- Added Bust A Move to the unknown hardware section.
- Split up the System 12 into 2 pages, as I just noticed with the new additions this time it clocks in at well over 2 meg :)
- Added some pictures for Time Crisis 3 on System 246 Hardware, thanks to Rafael.
- Added some pictures for Paca Paca Passion, Paca Paca Passion Special and Paca Paca Passion 2 on System 12 Hardware.
- Added cabinet picture of the super deluxe cabinet for Ace Driver, using full size indy cars, copied from Sega's Virtua Formula if you ask me...
- Added Ping Pong King Hardware page and moved Ping Pong King and Gladiator from Z80 Unique Hardware to it, thanks to Dox.
- Moved Cycle Shooting from Z80 Unique Hardware to NY Captor Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Moved Big Event Golf from NY Captor Hardware to Z80 Unique Hardware, thanks to Dox.
- Moved Dark Mist, Moon Shuttle and Zarzon from unknown Pre-1990 hardware to Licensed Hardware, thanks to Tony Gonzalez.
- Moved Super Ground Effects and added Ground Effects to 68020 Based Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added 2 more screenshots to Seafly on unknown pre 90's hardware.
- Added some more screenshots and cabinet shots to Battle Gear 3 on System 246 hardware.
- Added PCB pictures and some hardware information to JC System Type C Hardware, pretty unique being 68040 based.
- Added cabinet photos for Densya De Go! and Densya De Go! 2 to the JC System Type C Hardware page, thanks to Mitaine.
- Updated the Sega Emulators page, updating small bits of information and adding Nebula and moved Charles McDonald's System 24 Emulator back into active status.
- I've adding and corrected a load of little bits of information throughout the site whenever I've come accross it or when its pointed out, this is mainly thanks to Tony Gonzalez and Brian Deuel.
- I've had a few people email me about broken links on the monster.html page, I really appreciate this as going through this by hand is a nightmare, its 400k or raw html, which is frankly insanely large to try and keep track of, I try my best but I always seem to break something :)
- I'm toying with starting writing some editorials, just me rambling on about stuff about the site and arcade stuff in general, would anyone read this? comments would be appreciated.
- Again, a big thanks again to all those people who sent in information. Now I have so little time on my hands this is invaluable, as I don't have the time to trawl the net as I used to be able to, so keep up the good work!
- I'd like to say a big HI! to all the people I met at the ATEI, I was pretty amazed that people actually knew who I was and didnt mind talking to me :)
Toby... (Free Play!...)
21.1.2003 - Two down, many to go!
- I've been doing the site now for 2 years and looking back a lot has changed, the site has grown way beyond the purely Sega site that it was then and seems to have survived the massive amount of additions to it, then going on to embrace other things without (I hope) ever becoming untidy, disorganized or unfocused, the arcade industry has plummeted with numerous companies falling by the wayside, but also produced some great things.
- Its been great fun (and sometimes a huge pain in the arse) and I've met a lot of great people through running this site, I've been lucky enough to talk to and get to know all sorts of people involved in almost everything to do with arcades from making the original machines to emulating them, although some of the time I don't always understand what they're talking about its still interesting and I'm still learning things about the world or arcades and arcade hardware and how "it" all works every day.
- This is another sorting out the mail update, being that I've spent most of the past month or so drinking, eating and looking after Jack, so this is me trying to get rid of my backlog since before christmas...
- Thanks for all the great feedback I got for the Midway section, it's always nice to get positive emails after slogging your heart out on something for weeks on end :)
- Anyway, enough rambling from me and on with the update!
- Added Shiki Megami No Shiro 2, a great looking shooter and the follow up to the original on Taito G-Net hardware to the Naomi Hardware page, thanks to Zerogunner2.
- Added some more Mega Tech games including Alien Storm, Columns, Crackdown, Fire Shark, Spiderman and Wrestle War, thanks to F Nijhof.
- Added 4D Warriors to the System 1 page, goodness knows why I didn't spot this before, its even in MAME, I plead stupidity. Thanks to Mark for pointing it out.
- Added Brain and moved Heavy Metal to the System 2 page, thanks to Arzeno Fabrice.
- Added pictures to Jurassic Park, Super Visual Soccer and The J League Football to the System 32 Hardware page, thanks to R Belmont for the piccys.
- Added some new pictures for Frogs on Vic Dual Hardware with the new overlay from MAME, thanks to J. Michael Bottorff.
- Added some better pictures to Daytona USA 2 on Model 3 Step 2.1 Hardware, thanks to Tomas.
- Added cabinet shot for Invinco/Headon2 Dual machine to the Vic Dual Hardware page, thanks to Greg Fife.
- OK, nobody make any sudden moves or anything, but I've added something to the Sega midi page, the first update in over 2 years! wheee!, thanks to Zero Beats for the nice Manx TT Superbike midi's.
- O, and to everyone who bah 'd me for adding Crazy Taxi High Roller saying it didn't exist and was going to be Xbox only, ya boo sucks to be you :-P
- Added better screenshots to most of the games in the Hard Drivin' Hardware page, as I have neglected it as Aaron pointed out ;)
- Added some more manual numbers to the Manual Section, thanks to Kevin Eshbach.
- Added some more information to the Seattle Hardware page, thanks to Mark.
- Added cabinet shots to Anti Aircraft, Steeple Chase and Sky Raider, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Added PCB shots to System 1 hardware, Crystal Castles and Space Duel, thanks to Tomas Dahlgren.
- Added Silent Scope Fortune Hunter to the unknown hardware page, thanks to Larissa.
- Added Atlantis Hardware page and moved Skins Game to it.
- Added a PCB shot to Zeus Hardware, thanks to Guru.
- Added a little information to the Killer Instinct Hardware page, thanks to Paul.
- Renamed Zeus 2 hardware to Athens Hardware, thanks to Mark.
- Added some more information to the Seattle Hardware page, thanks to Mark.
- Added cabinet shots to Clowns, Top Gun and Guided Missile, thanks to Greg Fife.
- Moved Lazarian from unknown hardware to Unique Hardware, thanks to Tom.
- Added a lot of games to System 10 Hardware, including GAHAHA Ippatsu-dou, GAHAHA Ippatsu-dou 2, Gamushara, Gunbalina, Geki Toride / Shou Space, Star Trigon, Taiko no Tatsujin 4, Tsukkomi Yousei Gips Nice Tsukkomi, Hard Puncher Hajime no Ippo 2 Ouja e no Chousen, Photo Battole and Honne Hakkenki, thanks to Yasu.
- Moved Golgo-13 2 and Golgo-13 3 from Unknown Hardware to System 10 Hardware, thanks to Yasu.
- Renamed "Kuru Kuru Fruit" to "Kurukuru Food", "Truck Kyosokyuko" to "Truck Kyosokyoku", "Panikuru" to "Panicuru Panekuru" and "Space War : Chocolate Vader Contactee" to "Uchuu Daisakusen : Chocovader Contactee" on System 10 Hardware, thanks to Yasu.
- Added Star Trigon and pictures to the System 10 Hardware page, thanks to Mark.
- Nothing this time, all quiet on the Taito front...
- I'm off to the ATEI arcade show tomorrow, I haven't got my hopes up too high after a very disappointing last year, but well, we can only hope cant we?
- Rumors are that House Of The Dead 3, Crazy Taxi High Roller and maybe even Outrun 2 may be shown, which will be nice :)
- I've got 2 and a half weeks off of work now, so I may do some sort of report on the ATEI afterwards, but we'll see, depends how much fun I have!
Toby... (Free Play!...)